Friday, January 08, 2010

The World is Flat and other Good Stuff

I read Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat a couple of years ago and I just came across a video of Tom discussing his book at MIT which is really worth watching:

http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/266/



What does this have to do with maintenance? Not much on first glance, but it is a great introduction to why and how things are changing rapidly in the ways that we might think about how to manage maintenance.

I have also been reading Lean Six Sigma for Service Industries. Also an awesome book that has a lot of thoughts on ways that our maintenance processes might be improved. I highly recommend it.

I always like to look at wider trends and see how they might effect what they might offer in changes. Please feel free to share what is on your reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment